Tumor Registry-Data Abstractor II
As Mount Sinai continues to grow, so does our legacy of caring.
Mount Sinai Medical Center is proud to be South Florida’s hospital of choice for great medicine. With more than 3,000 employees, 500 volunteers, 670 beds, 26 operating suites and more than 650 physicians and 950 nurses, Mount Sinai is South Florida’s largest private independent not-for-profit teaching hospital.
1. Maintains electronic suspense file on the current hospital medical record or registry system, identifying reportable malignancies and documenting or deleting non-reportable or previously abstracted cases. Compares sources to determine correct Dx and reportability guidelines.
2. Maintains electronic follow up files when case-finding sources contain follow-up information on cases that have been abstracted.
3. Completes an abstract for each reportable case using the ERS cancer database software: Abstracts cancer cases in accordance with ACOS manual, FCDS requirements, and MSMC policies.
4. Uses available information sources to complete required data including relevant medical records, STAR software system, discharge information and other registry systems.
5. Sends physician and patient follow up letters using system-generate letters governed by ACOS.
6. Assists TR Coordinator with registry quality assurance activities (standard >/= 95% accuracy rate.)
7. Assists with preparation for oncology conferences / Tumor Boards and Cancer committee and other duties as required.
8. Adheres to standards of courtesy and discretion when relating to cancer patients, families and other persons, maintaining patient confidentiality and complying with regulatory requirements for privacy.
An excellent, team focused work environment with opportunity for professional growth
Competitive salary with bonus potential
Savings plan with company match
A variety of health, dental and vision plans
On-site child care, tuition reimbursement, and much more!