Our Summer Intern program is open to anyone interested in plugging into WCC on a part-time to full-time, temporary basis from June through August 2017. We have several areas of opportunity in the following areas: IT, Clinical Services, Research, Training, Policy and Communications, Outpatient and STAT Programs, and Administration.
How the Summer Intern makes an impact:
- Completes project work relevant to the agency’s strategic goals as well as to its day-to-day operations.
- Provides support to one or more programs and departments, enabling the intern to learn about the overall operations of the agency.
- Reports to an assigned department supervisor or director, and meets regularly with the agency’s Director of Human Resources and other summer interns.
- Provides end-of-internship report of work performed, lessons learned and recommendations for future summer internships.
- Other special projects and duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has…
- An interest or major in the field of psychology, public health, social science or related field.
- Must have completed at least a High School Diploma or GED prior to beginning work.
- General office skills – typing, filing, office machines, proper phone etiquette.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Mac OS.
- Clean CA DMV record, current car insurance, and access to car for special events.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Position Details and Compensation:
- This temporary position is available from approximately June through August 2017, and can be adjusted based on individual’s school end and start dates.
- Available part-time to full-time, 20-40 hours/week, Monday through Friday.
- Pay rate: $12.88+ per hour depending on education level. Does not include benefits.
Please submit resume and cover letter here. Cover letters are an important part of our applicant review process and you must include one with your resume in order to be considered. Application deadline: open until filled.