Position: Student Intern – Architectural
Location: 2252 N. Broadway Moore, Oklahoma 73160
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm
General Purpose: Drafting and editing construction documents using CAD and Revit software for our Architecture department. Assist with tasks such as converting 2D drawings to 3D using Revit. Prepare construction documents and assist with client meetings.
Supervision Received: Works under the direct supervision of the Manager of Architecture.
Supervision Exercised: NONE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To draw building plans for private homes, businesses, office buildings using Revit.
- To estimate time required to implement solutions and to negotiate time frames within projects.
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with customers.
- To create detailed designed documentation.
- To assist in creating new standards and procedures
- To provide quality assurance to customers and departments
- Analyze potential changes required and their impact on existing development.
- Visualize, conceive, and provide configurations for solutions of design problems
- Occasionally compose documents/letters and any other clerical duties
- Responsible for keeping office area clean
- Maintain confidentiality of drawings
- Present recommendations to Manager
- Assists in other duties as directed
- Enrolled in a 4-year degree program in Architecture, Interior Design, CAD, Construction Science or similar field of study.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Revit software
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Knowledge of general office practices
- Knowledge of CAD/Drafting
- Good Attendance and Punctuality is mandatory
- Knowledge of basic Architecture principles
- Ability to establish priorities
- Ability to perform basic math
- Ability to work in a fast -paced environment
- Ability to communicate professionally
- Good time management skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail and patience
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to be a member of a dedicated team
- Office environment. The noise level is moderately quiet.
- Occasionally required to sit and use their fingers, to handle or feel.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to stoop or kneel.
- Must be able to carry equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Tool and Equipment: Computer, telephone, and General office equipment.
Keywords: Drafter, Drafting, Architecture, Architect, Architectural, Interior design, CAD, intern, CAD intern, Revit