Does the idea of directly connecting your development and support effort with improving peoples’ day-to-day shopping experience appeal to you? Do you have the interest, skills, and initiative to increase consumer experience by providing real time services? Does the challenge of designing, scaling, tuning and monitoring a SaaS cloud service handling millions of transactions per day excite you? If so, you’re a candidate to join our innovative, hard-working team as we are working on cutting edge technologies and currently searching for an architect to help us on Solr and Couchbase related projects.
- Spontaneous and prompt troubleshooting of high traffic volume production SolrCloud and/or CouchBase issues.
- Provide and clearly communicate quick and calculated-risk solutions (tactical and/or strategic) to fight SolrCloud and/or CouchBase related production fires.
- Clarify, distill and translate business requirements into robust and scalable SolrCloud and/or CouchBase architecture.
- Collaborate closely with other architects and engineering teams in creating a cohesive overall architecture and system.
- Present, influence, and document proposed SolrCloud and/or CouchBase architecture.
- Articulate strength of SolrCloud and/or CouchBase architecture and how it fulfills business needs.
- Assist product management and user interface design in achieving the optimal balance in user experience and SolrCloud and/or CouchBase performance.
- Clearly communicate the various SolrCloud and/or CouchBase performance costs of different approaches to stake holders.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering in moving SolrCloud and/or CouchBase architecture forward
- Review and monitor technical designs and implementations by engineering team to ensure consistent SolrCloud and/or CouchBase architecture.
- Successful track record in SolrCloud and/or CouchBase high traffic volume production operational skills, including troubleshooting, scaling, tactical and strategic solutions, disaster recovery, backup/restore, and cloud deployment.
- Excellent knowledge of web and network technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of SolrCloud and/or CouchBase sizing and tuning. Understanding of strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions a strong plus.
- Hands-on experience in designing, implementing and system testing SolrCloud and/or CouchBase systems for high traffic volume application.
- Experience in cross-region replication and disaster recovery a plus.
- Experience in best-of-bread monitoring tools for SolrCloud and/or CouchBase.
- Experience in full regression and load testing for SolrCloud and/or CouchBase systems.
- Experience in Java development on Unix environment.
Job Type: Contract
- Software Architect(SolrCloud, Couchbase): 6 years