Our client is an innovative, forward-thinking and modern activewear retailer focusing on men’s athletic and leisurewear apparel. They pride themselves on being able to fill the gap in the athletic apparel space by offering men quality, comfortable and stylish clothing they can wear to hit the gym, run errands or to catch their next flight. The clothes not only look good but feel great and perform better, always.
In this role you will lead design efforts for Men’s activewear, performance, leisure and loungewear.
Create original, innovative concepts and designs that accurately reflect the design philosophy to create industry leading products
Understand and utilize new proprietary technologies that bring a new level of innovation to the functional capabilities of our product
Work with the Creative Director, Brand and Development teams to strategize, create, and deliver seasonal design proposals that represent the concept for internal and external audiences
Work with the Development team to ensure design deliverables and timelines are met
Provide prototype sampling information, including fabrication, trim, color, graphic applications, style, detail, fit requirements and construction detail
Assist in monitoring the development of prototype samples and interact with our Development and Sourcing team to ensure timely completion of each project
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel Design or a related field
- 5-7 years’ relevant design experience
- Exceptional ability to apply and perform design skills, including drawing/sketching, concept ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing and scale, visual presentation development and layout
- Comprehensive understanding of garment construction and textile sciences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with management and external resources