Liftopia is the largest seller of lift tickets online and the largest technology provider to the ski industry. Our innovative eCommerce, yield management, and business intelligence tools allow resorts to offer robust pricing strategies and advanced purchases for their tickets, lessons, rentals, and other recreational products. As a result, Liftopia helps our partners grow their revenue through advanced purchase tickets and by reaching new demographics, while our consumers can enjoy their favorite activities more frequently at more affordable prices.
Liftopia is a fast-growing, venture-backed company with a clear path to profitability, and our team is the driving force behind our success. We are united by our passion for building amazing tools that are changing the ski industry for the better. You belong here if this is something that quickens your pulse and makes you want to roll-up your sleeves.
The Role: Seasonal Partner Operations Representative (Remote)
Liftopia’s established high-performance Partner Operations Team enhances our partners’ experience with world-class enterprise support and account management. We are looking for highly motivated and talented candidates to fill our Seasonal Partner Operations Representative role in order to better support our Partner Operations Team during our high-season. If you have experience with eCommerce platform solutions and experience in supporting Customer Success or Account Management teams, this may be a fit for you.
Candidates should be reliable, timely, and able to work both weekends and holidays during the winter season. We value self-motivated employees who require little oversight with daily assignments. Ideal candidates are able to diligently complete routine tasks, provide unsolicited updates to PO Associates and management, manage both inbound phone and ticketing queues, proactively escalate issues to senior team members, and properly prioritize projects as they are assigned. You should be able to manage numerous tasks to completion with little to no errors.
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a smart, energetic, and meticulous person. Apply if you genuinely love helping people and solving their problems. If you’re passionate about the success of partner relationships with our ski industry partners, we want to hear from you. We offer a full range of support, from highly responsive full-service support all the way to training partners how to be fully self-sufficient on the Liftopia Platform and Extranet, and we’d like for you to be a part of that success.
NOTE: This role is listed as a Remote / work-from-home position.
- Act as primary support for the Partner Operations Team at Liftopia during the 2016/17 Winter Season, approximately Sept-April. Season duration is dependant on winter weather conditions and volume of workload, and is subject to change.
- Manage phone and ticket queues during early morning hours, starting at 6am PST.
- Weekend and Holiday coverage for Partner Operations Team (November – April)
- Work closely with the Partner Operations (PO) and Sales Teams to successfully complete partner related requests.
- Data Maintenance:
- Auditing systems and updating data through custom software interface.
- Ticket barcode reconciliation and allocation.
- Reloading ticket inventory upon request or as needed.
- Loading new and updated data to our inventory database with assistance from senior team members.
- Process resort closures by modifying inventory and updating internal departments.
- Modification of ticket product details that affect the Liftiopia.com website offerings.
- Running and emailing reports on behalf of the Partner Operations Team or for partner contacts.
- Completing Quality Assurance (QA) on all inventory data points uploaded to our website.
- Process payments, refunds, and credits when necessary.
- Be the voice if the company to resort partner contacts.
- Ad Hoc projects.
- 2+ years of experience providing customer support, hospitality experience, or account management support. (For an internet e-commerce, SaaS or travel site is preferred.)
- Working knowledge of the ski or travel industry.
- Extensive experience building effective client relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You will need to explain complex ideas to partners, so writing and speaking with clarity and precision is a must.
- Great troubleshooting and analytical skills, constantly making improvements to our process.
- Compassionate and level-headed. You must be able to confidently and calmly serve high value partners in all types of situations, resulting in positive outcomes.
- A great teammate. We are a highly organized and efficient team. You should be extremely well-organized and comfortable collaborating with your team to solve diverse customer inquiries and issues.
- Able to roll with change and solve problems. Liftopia needs your continuous input on how to make Liftopia better.
- Fun! Our team can get a little weird at times. At Liftopia we embrace fun and seek balance with work and life.
- Training (first 1-2 weeks):
- Training will occur during normal business hours, generally 9am-6pm PST.
- During Season (September – April, subject to change based on weather conditions):
- 3-5 shifts per week, with total average hours not to exceed 30 hours per week
- Weekday shifts = Approximately 5-6 hours per shift,start times between 6am-8am PST.
- Saturday and Sunday shifts = Approximately 4-5 hours per shift, start times between 6am-9am PST.
- All Partner Operations Representatives:
- Will need to adhere to assigned start times which are staggered to ensure coverage of in-season hours of operation.
- Will need to be available to work winter holidays to ensure proper partner coverage.
- November – Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- December – Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve
- January – New Year’s Day, MLK Day
- February – President’s Day
- May be offered additional hours outside of their normally scheduled shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years experience supporting Customer Success and Account Managers for an internet eCommerce site.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Zendesk, and other Software-as-a-Service is a plus.
- Familiarity with GoodData and Google Analytics is beneficial.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Excel, and HTML/CSS are nice to have.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish or French at a conversational level is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive hourly pay (starting at $17/hr)
- Casual office environment
- Nice deals on lift tickets!
- Fun, outdoor activity focused culture
- Sweet Liftopia swag
Liftopia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.