Responsible for all activities related to the management of accounting/reinsurance professionals including administering the company’s reinsurance accounting policies and practices and managing collections of balances due to and from Tokio Marine HCC.
Relying on broad knowledge and strong leadership skills, the Reinsurance Manager is accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Manage reinsurance reporting for assigned companies including allocated supervisory and analytical staff.
- Review and approve broker/reinsurer billing monthly/quarterly & analyze trends in billing.
- Review and approve journal entries for general ledger, sub-ledgers, and reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Approve financial documents in the SharePoint system.
- Manage Accounts Receivable & Payable functions & lead bi-monthly Collections meetings.
- Respond to inquiries at both internal and external levels.
- Analyze, propose and implement changes to business processes and systems.
- Manage the preparation of ad hoc reports for senior management, auditors, actuaries and accounting.
Job Requirements Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of eight years of relevant and progressive experience in accounting and/or finance that includes at least three years in reinsurance reporting
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience
- Possess and have ability to apply advanced knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Superior organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.