We have an exceptional opportunity for a Part Time Physician Hospitalist to join our healthcare team at Tucson Complex located in Tucson, Arizona.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Physician Hospitalist
- Licensed physician in the state of employment.
- Current ACLS certification
- Significant experience in a primary care field (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine) with a strong emphasis on inpatient management.
- Current DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) registration.
- Board-certified to practice medicine.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Physician Hospitalist
- Applies a concentrated focus on defining the appropriate resources needed for coordinating, monitoring, and reporting outcomes for hospitalized inmates.
- Writes appropriate orders and progress notes for the care of patients.
- Work with the hospital and providing healthcare team, and the site healthcare team, to reduce inconsistencies in the care continuum.
- Consult with the hospital and community providers to build relationships, educate and resolve issues in the delivery of services to inmates.
- Completes a daily patient assessment for each patient and provides comprehensive updates to the site Primary Care Physician. This includes ED and ambulatory services patients.
- Interacts regularly, as determined by need, with the Corizon Health Utilization Review Nurse.
- Facilitates timely diagnostic evaluations and interventions.
- Provides a history and physical exam on admission, and a discharge summary at the time of discharge to the Regional/Site Medical Director.
- Reports variances for quality review and tracking in designated format.
- Participates in physician rounds with the other treating physicians as needed.
- Facilitates education of the inmate regarding medication, diet, disease process, risks and benefits of treatment, and alternatives consistent with Corizon Health utilization criteria and physician protocols.
- Represents a positive image regarding correctional healthcare and Corizon Health at all times in discussions with hospital/provider representatives and the general public, or County officials.
- Attends Medical Directors meetings at the request of the Regional Medical Director or Site Medical Director.
- Monitors specialty consults for appropriateness, medical necessity, quality and continuity of care.
- Monitors the use of medications in accordance with the Corizon Health formulary.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and completes a Corizon Health confidentiality statement for file, as well as inmate (patient) privacy with respect to patient rights, in accordance to the constitutional rights of the incarcerated individual.
- Abides at all times with the security regulations of the hospital and the site, and understands that security is always a priority over medical intervention.
- Provides monthly outcome reports for review by the Site Medical Director and Regional Medical Director on standard utilization variables as determined by the Regional Medical Director or Site Medical Director, with the assistance of the Corizon Health Utilization Management Department Director or Operations Manager.
Benefits offered to the Health Services Administrator
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- No weekends or evenings
- Minimal on-call
- No overhead
- Medical & Dental
- Company matched retirement plan
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.