The Personal Banker position is responsible for driving sales and providing service and operational activities that align with branch financial goals set by leadership.
1. Sales and Service Responsibilities
- Perform calling activities; including but not limited to internal customer calls and external cold calling efforts
- Cross sell bank and non-bank products; Solicit business from both new and existing customers, both Consumer and Community Business Banking; through referrals, networking, community connections and target market cold-calling
- Dialogue with Consumer and Community Business Banking customers regarding their credit needs; Obtain and evaluate financial statements; Pull and understand credit information; Ability to close consumer loans; Work with and appropriately respond to maturing loans, past due loans and loan ticklers
- Recommend & open new deposit accounts; Ensure accounts are opened efficiently and effectively within Bank policies and procedures.
- Build/deepen relationships with internal business lines partners
- Execute on sales/referral initiatives
- Increase household penetration within current customer base
- Perform exceptional customer service; Service customer and accounts as needed; including complex customer service transactions
- Appropriately respond to sensitive customer relations issues
2. Maintain a current knowledge of products and services
- Attend training sessions and bank/branch meetings and completed Online Courses as required.
- Educate self where opportunities arise.
3. Community Involvement and Networking
- Balanced community involvement with an expectation of return
- Foster Relationships with centers of influence, including Accounting and Law Firms, etc, applicable.
4. Teller Backup
- Ability to perform basic Teller transactions and duties as needed/applicable
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: 2 year College/Tech Degree or higher
- Required: 1+ years of financial services experience
- Preferred: 3+ years of financial services experience
MidCountry Bank is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or generic information