At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
The Kids I.N.N. program serves as a diversionary setting during times of crisis or as a step-down from a more restrictive placement. The Safe Haven PSB program is a specialized residential treatment facility treating boys between the ages of 12- 17 who exhibit problem sexual behaviors to the extent that they require a staff secure treatment facility to address their sexual acting out.
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Art Therapist Consultant provides Art Therapy services to youth received services at Kids INN and Safe Haven. They act as a member of the clinical team and provide therapeutic services to children and adolescents including group and individual therapy.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides group art therapy once a week in each residency program
2. Completes progress notes in adherence to all policies and regulations (e.g., PNMI Standards).
3. Provides consultation, as needed, regarding specific cases
4. Attends monthly consultant’s meeting where cases and other clinical issues are discussed
5. Provides individual art therapy when needed
6. Must display effective communication skills in working with staff
7. Ability to implement program policy and procedures
V. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Accepts assignments and responsibilities as assigned.
VI. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
1. Master’s level degree in related field and licensed, or certified
2. Must fulfill competency based training requirements based on agency and program needs.
3. Must be able to respond to crisis, including the ability to physically restrain if necessary.
VI. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Three to five years previous experience working with children with emotional and behavioral challenges and their families in a therapeutic or educational setting.
2. Experience in developing and running groups in a milieu setting.
3. Knowledge of cultural diversity and youth development is preferred.
4. Bi-lingual (Spanish) Desired.
VII. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
XI. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
1. Must be in sufficient physical condition in order to engage in a Therapeutic Crisis Intervention.
2. Ability to implement Safe Haven and Kids INN interventions and services.
3. Must complete CPR and First Aid training
X. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
1. Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.