Design and deliver quantitative analytic solutions to the toughest national security problems and help shape future defense systems and policies. The SPA Maritime Requirements and Assessments Division (MRAD) supports U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and international clients by providing recommendations based on thoughtful research and precision analyses to top-level decision-makers. MRAD’s quantitative analysts develop solutions using their broad range of technical skills including software development, modeling and simulation, optimization, and statistical analysis with the support of SPA’s military experts. From analyzing large-scale acquisition decisions to finding cost effective methods to improve operational effectiveness in key mission areas, SPA is working to help its clients ensure they meet the demands of today and tomorrow.
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Applied Science, Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
• Critical thinking, problem solving, research, and strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working with and manipulating data using programming languages or analysis packages (e.g., MS Office VBA, SQL, C++, C#, VB .NET, Java, Python, SAS, R, or MATLAB or similar language).
• Current DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Experience or interest in mathematical optimization, particularly linear and/or integer programming is highly desired.
• Experience in stochastic modeling and simulations.
• Coding experience in multiple commercial software development environments.
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix-like operating systems.
Participate in all phases of analysis projects including design, implementation, testing, documentation and presentation of analytical results. Provide coding support for software development projects for simulation and analysis tools, optimization applications, and data visualization. Design and develop databases, simulations, and optimization tools for a wide variety of clients. Apply technical skills creatively and develop new innovative analysis methods. Analyze and interpret large datasets using data mining and statistical techniques.