- Responsible for providing industrial hygiene support, implementation and oversight of industrial hygiene programs and initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct surveys of work sites to observe work practices and conditions for health hazards;
- Determine the nature and magnitude of hazardous exposure and the effectiveness of existing controls;
- Provide consultation, advice and support in anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of occupational hazards, as well as technical and regulatory support on industrial hygiene/occupational health issues;
- Assist field implementation of programs using a graded approach and rigorous assessments process;
- Contribute to hazard recognition and control through the review and assessment of work packages, engineering designs and routine work;
- Prepare and maintain industrial hygiene/occupational health programs, standards, procedures and policies to support the safe and healthy work environment;
- Participate in special studies or incident investigations as requested;
- Prepare IH program reports, performance metrics, and exposure assessments;
- Assist in industrial hygiene related training and mentoring.
- BA/BS degree in Industrial Hygiene or related discipline (such as Biology, Chemistry, Safety) from an accredited college or university
- 5-12 relevant experience or a combination (as approved) of equivalent education and experience.
- Previous DOE or commercial nuclear site industrial hygiene/safety experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Industrial Hygiene/Safety practices and requirements, procedures, and work management policies associated with operating treatment, storage and disposal, chemical manufacture and/or nuclear facilities.
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation – is a PLUS
Empyrean Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EOE Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)