Gain knowledge and experience by working in support of non-clinical departments related to field of study. Participate in the intern program by completing project assignments and performing work in support of accomplishing the goals of the organization.
- Enrolled in an education program related to the department’s operation required.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, as required in the performance of department specific needs required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people required.
- Comfortable working independently or in a team atmosphere required.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and organizational skills required.
- Referral by an administrator of a higher level educational institution preferred.
- Basic knowledge of terminology associated with the department’s operation preferred.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health services administration preferred.
- Knowledge of business correspondence formats preferred.
- Clear, distinct speaking voice preferred.
- Ability to handle a large number of task simultaneously and prioritize projects and activities preferred.
- Knowledge of computers preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access preferred.