Location: County Courthse WR
FT/PT: Full-time 40 hrs/week – WRS Eligible
Deadline to apply: 12/04/2016
Hiring Range: $61,630.51 – $70,434.87/Annual (2017 Rates)
- Design, build and maintain servers and network equipment, some within State specifications. Responsible to identify and develop solutions to system security and information flow problems and risks. Plan short and long term strategy for County’s network infrastructure.
- Engineer and administer Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Domain Name Services (DNS).
- Supervise, direct and train Network Analyst personnel in all areas of their jobs.
- Engineer, purchase, build, configure, implement and administer Microsoft Windows servers.
- Engineer, purchase, build, configure, implement and administer Voice/IP.
- Responsible for designing, maintaining and monitoring the Wood County Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan, according to Federal specifications.
- Read and analyze security and network technical documents and makes recommendation to the Information Technology Director and/or implements changes accordingly.
- Coordinate Application vendor support regarding the installation and maintenance on running their software at Wood County.
- Engineer, configure and use various network management software to find network problems and to determine whether network systems are performing correctly and efficiently.
- Engineer, manage and configure firewall and DMZ to provide Internet access and protect the County from unauthorized access.
- Engineer, manage and configure Citrix services.
- Engineer, manage and configure anti-virus software systems.
- Engineer, manage and configure VMWare Services.
- Design, engineer, implement and manage County Microsoft Exchange e-mail systems.
- Create master personal computer (PC) images to build new and maintain existing PCs.
- Understanding and knowledge of current network cabling standards.
- Respond to after hours support calls.
- Respond to calls escalated from PC Technicians and other staff for technical assistance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in Information Systems or related field, preferably with an emphasis in networking and one year of network experience; or five years related experience and/or training.
- Must possess excellent project management skills, including leadership, communication, time management, budget management and analytical skills.
- CISCO Network and Microsoft certificates preferred. Must be able to pass a background investigation for law enforcement purposes.