The Company: Technologent is consistently on the cutting edge of delivering enterprise-class technology solutions for Fortune 1000 companies. We focus on the data center infrastructure that forms the core of today’s IT environment, providing solutions and services that make our clients more agile and competitive.
Technologent maintains strong, longstanding relationships with the industry’s most respected and credible partners to offer best-of-breed solutions to our clients.
Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., Technologent has 10 locations in six states and serves customers around the globe.
The Opportunity: We have an opportunity for a Linux Administrator with one of our clients in Phoenix, AZ. We are seeking a local candidate, but will consider others if you can be available for an in-person interview at your own expense.
- Role: Linux/Unix Administrator (L3)
- Experience: 6+ Years
- Work Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Project Duration: 12 months
Requirements: This position requires extensive experience working in a heterogeneous mid-range OS environment (Windows, Solaris, Linux).
Effective problem solving and communications skills are essential. Successful candidate will possess the skills to build servers in both physical and virtual environments, configure the operating system, and deploy applications servers with minimal guidance. Candidate must have proven ability to maintain focus on tasks and deliver within schedule.
- Enables the technical delivery of a set of projects;
- Responsible for ensuring that infrastructure solutions adhere to TIMS technical standards;
- Works with Infrastructure Engineers, Lead Project Managers, Business Analysts, Architects and/or vendor partners;
- Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.;
- Provides on-call support (including 24×7 escalation support);
- Works closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs;
- Aligns customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap;
- Oversees the diagnosis and correction of infrastructure problems;
- Provides internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance;
- Oversees health and well-being of the technical infrastructure;
- Ensures that all new applications are documented in the documentation repository;
- Manages turnover of new applications to 24 X 7 support team;
- Supports the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks;
- Provides value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically;
- Leads customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practices;
- Defines processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support;
- Prioritizes, completes and oversees projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines;
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner;
- Maintains currency with client standards and industry practices.
- Automation (Puppet, Docker, StackIQ) experience
- Redhat Enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x
- Linux LVM
- Red Hat Clustering
- Solaris 10
- Veritas Cluster Server
- Veritas Volume Manager
- Firewalls (both host-based and network-based)
- LDAP based authentication
- Single Sign-on
- Storage Area Networks
- IBM IHS
Other flavors of UNIX will be considered. Professional certification is a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer — EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Job Type: Contract
- Phoenix, AZ
- Linux Administrator: 6 years