The Job Captain/Project Manager will be managing all phases of a medium to large size projects through construction. Has primary responsibility for budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, specification, and working drawings on a given project. Resolves architectural problems. Will be responsible to direct, control, and monitor all project activities.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
Oversee all aspects of the design and construction process of a building project, from developing and reviewing building plans to making sure a project is compliant with California Building Codes, is on Schedule, and Budget. With a focus Primarily Construction Administration.
- Degree in architecture or equilivant years of experience
- California Architects License is a big plus
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible project management experience.
- Knowledge of Sustainable Design practices
- Revit skills, Autocad a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office required. Knowledge of MS Project a plus, Blue Beam, Procore
- Must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of architectural design, drafting, detailing, building materials, working knowledge of California building codes, construction techniques and costs
- Demonstrated ability to generate and review medium to high density mid-rise construction drawings and specifications
- Medium and high-density residential/commercial combo experience a plus
- Proven knowledge of general architecture practice including programming, site planning and coordination of civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering consultants
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills with the ability to build quick rapport with all levels of employees, Ability to effectively interface with approving agencies, consultants and vendors
- Proven ability in problem identification, problem solving and conflict resolution
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability and willingness to travel to assigned project sites on a regular basis
- Ability to effectively lead,mentor and direct staff.
- Knowledge of Construction Administration phase of the project and associated documentation (ASIs, RFIs, Change Orders, and comfort level directing field personnel).
SiliconSage® is a growing design-build firm based in Sunnyvale, CA. Our vertically-integrated company is composed of three business entities: SiliconSage® Builders, SiliconSage® Construction andSiliconSage® Homes. Consider joining a company where construction, architects and sales collaborate to turn great designs into great living environments.
SiliconSage® offers a competitive compensation plan to the successful candidate. For full-time regular employees, we provide medical, dental, and vision. Other benefits include vacation time, sick time, and a 401(k) plan with a match
Qualified applicants receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected characteristic
Job Type: Full-time