Lucigen seeks an experienced, highly collaborative, and detail-oriented manager to supervise information technology (IT) resources throughout the enterprise. IT resources include management tools, network infrastructure, storage, telecommunications, servers, email, firewalls, security, operating systems, mobile devices, helpdesk support and financial resources. Additional responsibilities for the position include:
- Oversee network planning, monitoring, maintenance, and support (LAN, WAN, MPLS, VPN, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, CLOUD technologies, firewalls, switches, etc.).
- Manage company telephone systems including planning, monitoring, maintenance and support.
- Direct end-user support activities.
- Implement infrastructure and systems that support new business processes and/or services. Direct infrastructure planning and monitoring activities.
- Handle all escalations for hardware, software, network, telephony, and licensing.
- Manage hardware and software assets and collaboratively designs IT solutions to achieve overall business goals.
- Oversee exchange, account management, policies and procedures.
- Manage vendor relationships, including hardware and software vendors; ensure that service level agreements are met and software licenses are in compliance.
- Ensure security systems are in place and fully operational.
- Develop and manage IT budget.
- Develop and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices, including disaster prevention and recovery.
- Prepare training material to assist employees in learning internal systems and technology infrastructure.
- Train users and aids them in finding hardware and software solutions to problems.
- Serve as resident expert in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains software and related report-writing tools.
- Collaborate with external vendors to resolve internal hardware and/or software problems.
- Generate ad hoc and system metrics reporting as requested by internal team.
- Properly care for computer equipment by performing proper preventative maintenance.
- Update and provide support for maintenance of company website, company internet (public) and intranet (internal)
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field and a minimum of 5 years of previous information technology or related experience—or the overall equivalent experience. Additional requirements include:
- Strong leadership orientation – actively seeks ways in which to act as a role model, guide, develop and mentor others within the organization.
- Ability to evaluate the technology solutions to the business needs of the organization and find the best possible tools to meet those needs.
- Solid customer focus and ability to work under pressure; ability to maintain awareness of and seek to meet the needs and wants of the internal customer without being prompted.
- Has the experience necessary to maintain and support wireless environmental monitoring systems.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 and quality systems as it relates to needed IT infrastructure.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with executive stakeholders to solve business problems.
- Previous management or supervisory experience desired.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong project management experience.
- Aptitude to work in a complex and rapidly growing company.
- Results-oriented, ensuring targets are met on time and on budget.
- Must demonstrate good professional judgment and reliability.
- Must be highly accurate and detail-oriented.
Job Type: Full-time
- Madison, WI
- IT: 5 years