Pacon Corporation is seeking a Help Desk Technician to join our team. This position is a full-time internship, scheduled 40 hours per week, that will start in May 2017 and end in August 2017. Pacon Corporation was founded in 1951 and is North America’s leading converter and printer of Art and Education Papers, serving the Commercial School and Retail Markets. Our papers are used by all demographics, from early childhood through adults. Pacon is headquartered in Appleton, Wisconsin with manufacturing and warehouse facilities in the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom.
- Create, monitor, and maintain helpdesk requests in ticketing system.
- Provide Level 1 support of PC’s, Macs, wireless forklift mounted computers, laser printers, and labeling systems.
- Gather technical detail information and escalate more complicated tickets to proper subject matter expert.
- Maintain the working order of various computer and computer related equipment.
- Help ensure the timely and seamless deployment of IT related equipment.
- Provide timely and excellent internal customer service to end users.
- Work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Imaging of new machines.
- Writing documentation to support IT related initiatives.
- As directed by the Server Administrator, deploying other IT related initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- An understanding of ITIL practices.
- A good understanding of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- A working knowledge of networking, servers, and Active Directory is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- The candidate must be currently enrolled in an IT related program at a technical college or university.
- Preference toward candidates currently working toward a degree or certification in any of the following programs: Computer Support Specialist, Desktop Support, Help Desk Support Specialist, Network Administration, Network Infrastructure, Network Specialist, Network Systems Administration, IT Security, Software Developer, or Web Development.
- The employee will experience normal working conditions where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise, and other related elements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee and are not be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, abilities and skills required of personnel so classified.