Select Specialty Hospital
Infection Control / Employee Health Nurse
This is part-time position
At Select Specialty Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking an Infection Control Nurse to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As an Infection Control Nurse, you will plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Infection Control Program while working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Specific responsibilities of the Infection Control Nurse include:
- Conducting on-going surveillance
- Collecting and interpreting data to determine specific problem areas
- Conducting analysis of data to include risk assessment, prevention and control strategies
- Compiling and interpreting surveillance reports to the Infection Control Committee and hospital staff
- Directing investigations of clusters/outbreaks of hospital
- Maintaining timely and proper documentation
- Serving as a resource to all hospital staff on all issues related to infection control and employee health.
As an Infection Control Nurse, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements of the Infection Control Nurse role include:
- One (1) year of related experience
- CIC Certification preferred, particularly APIC Certification
- Positive, caring and customer-service oriented attitude
- Valid State RN License and BLS certification
- BSN Preferred
At Select Medical, our employees enjoy intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the Infection Control Nurse position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities
- Select Medical operates hospitals in multiple states offering attractive growth and relocation opportunities
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee Health: 1 year
- Nursing: 1 year