This person will serve as a Human Service Assistant II for the Piedmont Autism Division’s Spartanburg office, located in Spartanburg SC. This position, under direct supervision, provides training and assistance for persons with developmental disabilities.
Under the general supervision of the Adult Services Director assist in the training and support services in various domains for adolescents and adults with autism.
1. Supervise, assist and train consumers with autism in performing daily living skills such as cooking and personal grooming and social skills. Implement identified therapeutic treatments plans and all other prescribed behavior and /or motivational plans. Record the chart data as required.
2. Supervise, assist and train consumers with autism in performing community-oriented activities such as shopping, banking and recreation/ leisure activities. Record and chart data as required.
3. Assist in maintain the operation and cleanliness of the residence including housekeeping and food preparation.
4. Administer prescription and over-the counter medication in the manner prescribed by the physician and/ or pharmacist. Maintain documentation required by agency, division and pertinent medical standards.
5. Maintain accountability of consumers who live in the residence and provide a safe and clean environment.
6. Complete necessary reports and attend monthly staff meetings as scheduled.
7. Ensure all certifications and other training requirements remain current.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED.
Please see our Agency Specific Application Procedures. You must complete all work history within the application form. An offer of employment in this position will be contingent upon the following: an acceptable review of your past employment history, personal references, other sources including, but not limited to, the criminal background check which will be conducted by SLED and/or the FBI; and receiving clearance from the DSS Child Registry Check that indicates no record of child abuse or neglect. Employment would also be contingent on your passing a pre-employment drug test. DDSN reserves the right to rescind any employment offer in the event our review of your background develops information, including opinions of previous employers or colleagues that cause us to conclude, at our sole discretion, that you are not suited for the position