Position: Human Resource Manager
Location: Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reports to: Plant Manager
To lead and support the human resources and office administration functions for the plant consistent with Brazeway’s Quality Definition, 8 People Principles, 10 Commitments, and Process Based Leadership philosophy.
- Administers all Brazeway People systems at the local level, including selection, termination, orientation, performance, training, development, communications, benefits and compensation.
- Serves as primary resource to employees & supervisors when dealing with personnel and confidential issues.
- Evaluates compliance and efficiency, make recommendations for improvement, and follow-up on corrective actions by conducting audits of personnel policies and manuals, procedures, PBL, and safety programs.
- Coordinates internal communications including employee handbooks and internal postings. Supplies corporate with necessary plant information. Coordinates external communications including newspaper articles & press releases.
- Maintains records for apprenticeship and job certification training. Works closely with Production Manager to ensure all employees receive necessary training in a timely manner and is responsible for scheduling the training sessions as required.
- Handles other administrative matters as needed such as legal, community involvement, contributions etc.
- Champions a safe work environment by enforcing safety rules and encouraging safe work behaviors. This includes compliance with government regulations.
- Completes any other special projects as identified by the Plant Manager.
- Actively supports and manages to our Process Based Leadership, 10 commitments and 8 people principles.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field
- SHRM and/or HRCI designation
- 7-10 years experience in Human Resources
- Excellent people organization, communication, written and presentation skills
- Strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and a proven track record of timely project completion
- Excellent customer service abilities while maintaining strict confidentiality
- Self-motivated and effective in time management
- Strong commitment to a team environment.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include: 401(k), bonus program, profit sharing plan, life insurance, disability insurance, health & dental insurance, paid vacation.
Job Type: Full-time
- Human Resources: 7 years