Opportunity: Guest Service Agent
Greet, register and service guests in a friendly and courteous manner according to hotel/brand and sustainability standards. This position will may also include driving a hotel shuttle van within the local area.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor or Sales Coordinator – Front Office Manager or Sales Manger
- Immediately greet guest and offer to assist with their needs.
- Register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Establish method of payment and verify credit.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve guest complaints, elevating to supervisor if necessary.
- Secure guests’ valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit boxes, if not available in guest rooms.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Assist in the breakfast area or assist guests with luggage when staffing assistance is required or during peak periods.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required.
- Knowledge of PMS systems preferred.
- A valid driver’s license is required, along with a driving record that meets the requirements of our insurance carrier.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.