Grants.gov Application Programmer Level II (Job Number: 425080)
- Participate in the design of software tools and subsystems to support reuse and domain analysis.
- Assist Applications Engineer and Applications Programmer to interpret software requirements and design specifications to code, and integrate and test software components.
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for information storage, processing, presentation, manipulation, display, or reporting.
- End product may be special use, customized, or commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, web applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures software standards are met. Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
Telework is available
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: None
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more of related experience; Masters and 0 years experience.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile, Dev OPS, IBM Cloud Knowledge and experience with web-based graphical user interface and a web-service-based system-to-system (S2S) interface
- Experienced with Java for application software, Java Enterprise Edition for the application server, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) Web Services for external interfaces, and a relational database for data storage.
- Knowledge of simple system interface (e.g., Representational State Transfer Application Program Interface (RESTful API))
SAIC Overview: SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2017, 1:05:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job