GRANT AND CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR – POST-AWARD
We are seeking a Sponsored Programs professional with one or more years of experience in Post-Award Grant and Contract administration. This position will focus primarily on assisting faculty and staff with managing financial and administrative matters associated with sponsored projects. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in an academic setting. The successful candidate must have a broad knowledge in a technical field such as sponsored programs, finance, business administration, or contract administration. Demonstrated knowledge of federal regulations governing Sponsored Programs, including Uniform Guidance, FAR and DFAR clauses and export control is preferred. Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent and one plus years related experience. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. Please visit ODU Research Foundation website at http://researchfoundation.odu.edu click on the employment tab and follow the link for position #17-005 Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE/M/F/Disability/VETS/Drug Free
- Assists investigators with the management and oversight of fiscal and administrative matters related to projects from inception of award to project closeout.
- Manages an assigned project workload. Number of projects is measured based on project complexity.
- Initiates project set-up, completes project closeout procedures, and communicate variances from expected due dates for technical reports.
- Processes no-cost time extensions, budget revisions, and approves expenditures.
- Monitors and coordinates the auditable reporting of cost share required on projects and provides reporting and documentation to funding agency when necessary.
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary agency approvals for processing re-budgeting actions, no cost time extensions, carry forward approvals, changes in investigators or other key personnel, sub recipient changes, and transfer to other institutions of active sponsored projects for departing investigators.
- Ensures compliance of all project reporting and deliverables; tracks and seeks PI cooperation to remedy late progress reports.
- Serves as primary resource contact for investigators and sponsoring agencies for providing grant administration guidance or decisions on appropriateness of specific issues. Ensures all services are provided with a proactive customer service orientation.
- Confirms compliance with regulations for sponsored projects throughout the life of project, including export control management, and monitors approvals needed for research involving human subjects, animals, recombinant DNA.
- Coordinates and completes tasks in a manner that allows for timely processing of transactions and responsive service to the principal investigators.
- Provides interpretation of terms, conditions, and procedures of the specific project, the sponsoring agency, and the Research Foundation.
- Provides training and project orientation to investigators as needed.
- Represents Research Foundation and management in meetings. Communicates with investigators and sponsors to resolve complex project administration issues.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationship with sponsors, investigators, coworkers, and accounting staff to ensure all services are provided with a proactive customer service orientation.
- Maintains spreadsheets and databases for project tracking and management.
- Maintains project files in accordance with Research Foundation policy and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of proposals for Pre-Award when necessary.