Part Time Hours/ On Call
– Completes all activities required of the SS/L satellite operations training and certification program. Certification is mandatory.
– Establishes Mission Control Center (MCC) readiness to execute command software, databases, command files, support hardware and related documentation for satellite launch and on orbit operations.
– Responsible for the pre-mission testing and real-time use of Earth Station (E/S) Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) networks to verify, execute and monitor MCC telemetry, command, range and communications readiness for rehearsals, launch, orbit raising and in orbit operations.
– Accountable for understanding on a fundamental level all signal flow components, set up, monitor and control from the MCC through each E/S.
– Conducts MCC mission operations as a Flight Team leader and acts as Mission Director as required during planning, pre-flight rehearsals, exercises, launch, mission and on-orbit operations
– Functions as the leader and single point of contact for the Mission Team consisting of required Responsible Engineers, Operations Engineers, Systems Administrators and Communications Technicians.
– Performs routine operations activities to ensure telemetry, commanding, ranging, communications and network TCR stations, Cortex and Base Band equipment is established, tested and continues for monitored and controlled operations.
– Coordinates activities and operations with the worldwide network of Orbit Raising and/or IOT TT&C stations.
– Operates the MCC computer systems, monitors and observes telemetry displays and detects anomalous spacecraft and/or ground conditions then reports them to the appropriate engineer to respond and then engages in recovery operations.
– Identifies and executes appropriate spacecraft and ground contingency procedures as required during anomalies or emergency situations.
– Reports and makes presentations to Section Manager of all findings on executed safing and recovery operations.
– Documents satellite operations activities using log books and incident reports using the satellite orbital operations handbook and other applicable documentation as references.
– Develops and maintains familiarization with the Standard and Contingency Operations Procedures and the associated command files and sequences.
– Develops and executes mission specific ground system and network contingency plans and procedures.
– Ensures Management and Mission Director are kept informed on any and all issues that may have an impact on mission success.
– Identifies MCC software and hardware changes needed to accommodate the required satellite operations activities.
– Generates and delivers related presentations and reports to Managers and Directors as required.
Experience Required: 5 – 7 Years
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $95.00 /year
- Flight Director: 3 years