Vice President, Enterprise Data Architect
The Enterprise Data Architect supports the development of an Enterprise Data Strategy and Architecture and will lead the data design of solutions in line with appropriate data sources and standards.
1. Develop the process for creating an Enterprise Data strategy that supports the business objectives.
2. Lead the data design of solutions to ensure use of appropriate sources (“gold”) and standard data technology’s. Ensure solutions are sustainable, secure, scalable and flexible for future growth.
3. For significant development efforts, work with major data functions to ensure thorough understanding of technology requirements and cadence of activity is understood and effectively communicated to all stakeholders.
4. Translate requirements into an enterprise information architecture, which includes standards, data model and taxonomies to guide solution development and achieve consistency of information assets across the application portfolio.
5. Support the Data/Information Management requirements of the Technical Architecture Design (TAD) & Detailed Application Design (DAD) for new development efforts. (Data Stores, Data Flow, Data Design, etc.).
6. Play lead role in Information Management by recommending, evaluating and assessing new technologies, standards and exceptions.
7. Analyze vendor software and professional services offerings as needed for inclusion in data solutions.
8. Stay current with industry trends and changing technology, providing input and recommendations for further evaluation.
Local Travel is required of this position.
Relocation is not available for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and 10 years of technical experience OR 14 years of technical experience
- 5 years of experience performing the role of a data architect
- 3 years of experience developing a multi- source, multi- terabyte data warehouse
- 3 years of project management experience
- 5 years of experience with data architecture concepts and strategies, including types of data and the relationships between them; optimal data placement strategies; data usage guidelines; data technical components and the relationships between them
- 4 years of experience with networking and security requirements and issues in the use of data movement (e.g. database/data warehouse access, data replication, data extraction, data distribution)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled