Title: Electronic Assembler
Type: Contract to Permanent
Location: San Mateo, CA
- Performs various production assembly operations on components and subassemblies, and other complex duties as assigned.
- Uses visual aids, drawings and verbal and written instruction to assemble, modify, re-work or re-assemble units.
- Receives detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Certified to IPC-J-STD
- Certified to Acceptability of Electronic assemblies Good mechanical aptitude
- IPC-D-610 which defines criteria for acceptance standards
- Identify component values
- Hand load PCB assembly following schematics and visual aide
- Solder various electronic component sizes following industry standards set by IPC-J-Std. including fine pitch components
- Read, understand and follow written instructions.
- Read/interrupt customer, engineering drawings or visual aids and incorporate call outs onto assembly
- Solder under a microscope
- Identify and repair soldering anomalies
- Solder with lead and lead-free solder
- Working knowledge of ESD prevention and product handling
- Highly Flexible individual with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter, able to plan, execute, and follow to completion assigned tasks
- 3-5 years of J-STD soldering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must be able to pass a soldering test as part of the interview process.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- solder under the microscope,: 3 years