Educational Outreach – Access ASU is hiring an Executive Coordinator to develop partnerships with K-12 schools, faculty, staff and the community to prepare students for enrollment in Access ASU pre-college programs, and for future enrollment and success at ASU. The Executive Coordinator performs work of considerable difficulty and independence in strategizing, administering and coordinating programs and services in an assigned K-12 district.
The ideal candidate must work well in a fast-paced, flexible environment, provide a high level of customer service to both the university and external communities, and make strong contributions both as an individual and as a team player. This position requires evidence of effective time management skills and success in being accountable for specific outcomes.
- Acting as a primary liaison with assigned K-12 district(s) by identifying and engaging appropriate connections and partnerships between the district(s) or area, and university departments and colleges; working toward mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Based on best practices and current research, advising various groups on topics such as college readiness, college completion and providing information about university resources, with an emphasis on recruiting and engaging students and families in specific Access ASU programs.
- Conducting needs assessment of assigned K-12 district or area, reviewing/analyzing data and preparing recommendations in collaboration with district administrators, based on findings.
- Developing and delivering college readiness content, including giving presentations and facilitating student speakers Demonstrating relentless commitment to customer service (external and internal), teamwork, and an outcomes-oriented model Work as part of a team to support Access ASU programs and goals.
- As part of a team, provide supervision and leadership to assigned staff to maximize impact for those we serve.
- Monitor development of action plans for assigned staff to ensure successful program implementation. Identify, develop and maintain working relationships with the university, K-12 administrators and staff schools, and community agencies to develop and leverage opportunities for collegiate experiences.
- Serve as a liaison to ASU departments to ensure quality services and programs are met.
- Develop strategic action plans in accordance with School initiative program objectives.
- Confer with and advice staff, students, families and others to answer questions, provide problem solving assistance and excellent Sun Devil Service; refer to appropriate department or person when unable to respond.
- Evaluate program effectiveness to develop and implement improved methods and outcomes; analyze results and recommend actions to achieve goals.
- Assist with marketing and recruitment efforts targeted at growing the number of participants of Access ASU programs.
- Serve on various committees, boards and teams in support of Access ASU goals.
- Travel to off-campus meetings and events regularly, using personal vehicle.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work location is primarily at the ASU Tempe Campus however, incumbent will regularly be required to drive personal vehicle to off-campus events, other ASU campuses and assigned schools to perform work.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday to include evenings and some weekends. Work schedule will be flexible to accommodate evening and weekend programming.
Bachelor’s degree in related field AND five (5) years of administrative experience in higher education 2 of which is in a supervisory capacity or related field; OR, Master’s degree in related field AND three (3) years of administrative experience in higher education 1 of which is in a supervisory capacity or related field; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Master’s degree
- Experience working with K-12 school systems
- Experience recruiting and/or outreach to K-12 students
- Experience working with diverse student populations (first generation, low-income, scholar)
- Experience in professional leadership position(s)
- Experience collecting and using data to inform decisions
- Experience in speaking, writing, and reading in Spanish/English (bilingual)
- Professionally represent department/program and Arizona State University
- Work collaboratively across various departments within the University as well as with diverse populations and groups to achieve objectives
- Use critical thinking to make decisions and/or analyze data Research, develop, implement and assess programs
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Develop and deliver presentations to groups
- Use computers effectively – including inputting, reviewing and retrieving information, extended periods of viewing screen, using mouse and keyboard, and sitting
- Walk throughout campus for meetings or events, regardless of the weather
- Use of standard office equipment, including multi-line telephone, fax, copier, scanner, pc-based computer and accessories Sit or stand for duration of shift, climb stairs or walk moderate distances to perform work
- Monitor expenditures
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Use a personal vehicle to travel to different campuses and off-campus events
As the New American University, Arizona State University (ASU) is committed to enrolling all qualified students to the university and assisting them in their academic success. To support this vision, ASU has introduced a series of initiatives to assist Arizona students to realize their potential at the university. The mission of Educational Outreach, also known as Access ASU, is to prepare Arizona students to enroll and succeed at Arizona State University.
Access ASU works with K-12 school districts and community partners to build college readiness of K-12 students, recognizing that a strong foundation is needed for high school success and college preparation. Access ASU continues to deepen and widen the enrollment pipeline by leveraging university resources for school districts throughout Arizona.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Employment Verification Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.