Design Guidelines Administrator
Our client is a leading consulting service who provides strong solutions based services in an array of areas including but not limited to Surveying, GIS, Civil Engineering, Development Strategy and Project Management based in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.
The ideal candidate will have had direct exposure to design guidelines in a similar role or it would be suited to an Urban Designer, Landscape Architect, Architectural Draftsperson, and Planner looking for a change. This role involves reviewing and assessing of construction drawings against design guidelines.
In this role, it is essential to be able to read plans, understand planning permits and ideally have experience with Memorandum of Common Provisions.
- Assess plans against design guidelines
- Provide information and advice to purchasers and builders to ensure plan approval to receive building permit.
- Undertake site visits
- Prepare documentation for planning and design processes
- Prepare accurate and timely fee proposals
- Liaise with clients, council, consultants and other involved parties to obtain relevant project information
The successful candidate will ideally have:
- Must be able to read and understand construction drawings, building contracts, planning permits, building permits, MCPs and other plans
- Extensive experience in compliance, be it from a Design Guidelines background or from one of our other disciplines.
- Previous experience in the creation or assessment of design guidelines
- Advanced level of proficiency in the use of MS Office suite
- Understanding of ResCode, BCA and council regulations
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of residential construction process
- Understanding of construction materials and architectural products
- Strong attention to details and very customer focused
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and secure firm. An attractive remuneration package is on offer for the right candidate with the right experience. If this sounds like the ideal role please send your resume in WORD format or for a confidential discussion please call Veronique Battour on 03 95359500.
Profession: Construction & Architecture
Work Type: Full Time
Reference Number: BBBH5253_1460964300
Contact Details: Veronique Battour or call 03 9535 9500
Level 3, 24 Albert Road, South Melbourne, Vic 3205
Ph: 03 9699 2880 Fax: 03 9699 2889