The Dental Assistant is responsible for facilitating all activities that involve patient care in the dental operatories as well as clerical duties, maintenance of dental equipment and supply inventory for our Madison location.
The AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. (ARCW) is Wisconsin’s largest provider of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with an annual budget in excess of $69M and more than 190 employees. The unique, nationally recognized ARCW HIV Medical Home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, pharmacy, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. ARCW also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at highest risk for HIV infection.
1. Prepare operatories and disinfect area at completion of procedure.
2. Assist dentist chair side during dental procedures .
3. Provide clerical support to patient, dentist ,hygienist and receptionist as appropriate.
4. Inventory control , supply ordering and payment requests.
5. Completion of prior authorization requests for Medicaid(T-19).
6. Entry of dental treatment plans in Eaglesoft or other data system.
7. Equipment maintenance as assigned by dentist.
8. Participate in periodic continuing education activities.
9. Complies with ARCW’s Health Care Corporate Compliance Standards of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
10. Perform other duties as delegated by supervisor.
Certified Dental Assistant (C.D.A.)
Two years experience in dental assisting
Ability to work with a diverse patient population
Sensitivity to HIV/AIDS issues
Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
TB test and influenza vaccination
Current CPR certification