MICO, Inc., A WABCO Company, is now seeking interested students for an internship in our Quality Assurance Department. Interns will be working with Quality Engineers to evaluate returned products and develop the appropriate analysis and reports to aid the company in determining cause and preventative actions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Will include, but not limited to the following areas:
- Evaluating retuned goods from customers
- Writing customer failure analysis reports and documenting them in the appropriate systems.
- Analyze failure reports from Engineering Test Lab and follow up to ensure reports are complete and address all questions.
- Dispositioning returned products in accordance with company procedures.
- Issue corrective actions and address product failures
- Assist in communication with customers regarding product claims or issues.
Education and/or Experience:
Qualified candidates will be students at a college or university taking courses in an Engineering Field.
Candidates should be able to display the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Ability to present information written and verbally in a complete and professional manner.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, plane and solid geometry and trigonometry, and statistical process control.
- Strong analytical skills using basic knowledge of engineering and manufacturing principles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.