The Senior Estimator operates with minimal oversight by frequently serving as the principal point of contact with Aztec and Client. Provides leadership in procurement opportunities and bid preparation. Responsible for evaluating specifications and drawings, ensuring knowledge on processes required to successfully bid and win the project. Must aggressively follow-up with subcontractors to ensure that quotes are received, reviewed and accurately capture all requirements. Work with project management teams to follow-up on bids and budgets, and final proposal generation, to close the project during the procurement phase.
Senior Estimator Requirements
1. Engineering degree or equivalent training and/or related experience.
2. Minimum 10 years estimating experience.
3. Experience in Federal and/or Commercial markets.
4. Excellent verbal and written skills.
5. Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite.
1. Capability to perform estimating functions to include:
1.1 Quantity Takeoff.
1.2 Abstracting (development & analysis of trade bids).
1.3 Pricing development for all trade work (mechanical & electrical scopes).
2. Preparation of estimating documents/deliverables.
3. Serve as the prime point of contact for bid pursuits.
4. Apply appropriate indirect costs.
5. Provide feedback, justification and reconciliation of Aztec estimates to third party consultants.
6. Coordinate with Construction Department to develop a reasonable schedule and staffing plan.
7. Will provide training and mentoring to estimator staff.
Interested candidates, please submit your resume via email at: n.leanos @ azteccontractors . com or via fax at 915.577.9683.
Job Type: Full-time
- El Paso, TX
- High school or equivalent
- Construction Estimating: 5 years
- Estimating: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Class C