About Higher Education
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry – people who aren’t afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity. The Catering Manager is responsible for supervision and support in planning catering events of varying sizes and levels in both central and satellite locations. Ensure that all Higher Education catering brand standards and initiatives are consistently achieved.
- Develop and be accountable for a safety culture that creates a work environment where no one gets hurt.Directly supervise catering operations including such duties as coordination of staff and rental equipment, set-up, preparation, service, and break down of catered foods, beverages, and events of varying size and complexity.
- Assist with booking of events, selecting and costing menu items, and pricing as needed.
- Assist with hiring, discipline, performance reviews, and initiating pay increases of employees.
- Coordinate activities with other internal departments. Participate in management team meetings. Interface with vendors and key service users within client organization.
- Facilitate external customer relations; represent Aramark and the client at any and all meetings and events.
- Ensure that appropriate sanitation, organization, and safety standards are met through the use of checklists, hands-on supervision, and follow-up.
- Participate in all catering training programs; help to develop and implement training programs for hourly, part-time, and student employees.
- Aid in implementation and adherence to all Aramark OpX Catering initiatives and guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time
- Ruston, LA
- Catering Sales: 1 year
- Catering: 2 years
- Management: 2 years