Spend your summer moving bold ideas forward, fast! Joining Silicon Valley Bank’s Analytics team will place you in the middle of developing a net new business concept aiming to solve crucial pain points and areas of friction for the venture capital ecosystem. Interns will join the Managed Data Services team during a crucial product pilot phase lasting through the end of 2017, requiring all hands on deck from Day One. This fast-paced and demanding environment will allow interns to gain direct experience at the heart of the innovation economy – developing automation solutions for premiere venture capital firms and their companies.
- Participate in daily activities of running project pilot in conjunction with project leadership team
- Participate in all bank-wide summer internship professional and social opportunities
- Analyze current internal communication and reporting structure to provide potential enhancements to, including: project tracking and mapping reports, meeting notes, memoranda, external contact feedback, and client feedback reports
- Analyze client feedback data for efficiency and create new systems to creatively visualize and categorize data, if needed
- Assist monitoring project plan/milestones and communicate any deviation to project leadership team
- Identify, develop, and execute personally-defined research project, in conjunction with supervisor, related to the venture capital ecosystem or associated topics subject to approval
Skills and Requirements:
- Candidates must be students currently enrolled in a college/university academic program
- Seeking upper-class Undergrad and/or Masters level students
- Open to all majors, with emphasis on: business, finance, economics, innovation, or design-thinking
- Candidate should have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Preferred candidates should have work, academic, and/or extracurricular experience with the following: interest in venture capital and the innovation economy, basic finance, project management and operations, and/or basic market research and product validation
- Pristine attention to detail
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Analytical, organized, and able to calmly manage deadline pressures
- Before start date, hire must purchase & read: “Winning with Data,” “The Lean Startup,” and “Chaos Monkeys”
more than 30 years, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB) and its subsidiaries
have helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward,
fast. SVB Financial Group’s businesses, including Silicon Valley Bank, offer
commercial and private banking, asset management, private wealth management,
brokerage and investment services, funds management and business valuation
services to companies in the technology, life science and healthcare, private
equity and venture capital, and premium wine industries. Headquartered in Santa
Clara, California, SVB Financial Group operates in centers of innovation around
the world. Learn more at www.svb.com .
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
SVB Financial Group is the holding company for
all business units and groups ©2016 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved.
Member Federal Reserve System. SVB >, SVB Financial Group, and Silicon Valley
Bank are registered trademarks.