You may also apply online at www.viachristi.org/seniorlivingjobs or in person at Via Christi Ridge located at 3636 N Ridge Road (near 37th St N and Ridge Road; behind St. Catherine’s Church).
Responsible for providing ministry tours and coordinating with responsible parties for completing pre-admission, admission and/or transfer paperwork for residents.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Schedules and conducts ministry tours.
- Coordinates the completion of admissions, transfers and/or readmissions.
- Initiates necessary admission documentation for new and readmitted residents.
- Processes newly admitted or readmitted resident pictures and processes appropriately for resident charts and MARs.
- Processes new resident information into Vision, including picture.
- Accurately complete 21/26 forms.
- Ensures admission and resident information packets are readily available.
- Ensures CARE assessments are on the chart upon admission.
- Communicates updated census information to ministry stakeholders.
- Professionally responsive to inquiries from residents and residents’ families regarding admission processes, necessary documentation, and processes.
- Assists as needed with offsite marketing efforts and resident visits.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
This position has no management responsibilities.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Minimum one-year experience working in long term care required.
- Possess a personal presence characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- Creates and maintains a partnership between employees, the community, and those we serve that fosters an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions.
- Exhibits well developed verbal and written communication skills, and is able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions in English.
- Ability to cope with mental and emotional stress related to the position, function independently, having flexibility, consistency and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Exhibits safe, positive and productive work habits.
- Demonstrates compliance with all Via Christi policies and procedures.
- Proficient in computer software programs, i.e. Excel and Word.
- Ability to learn and master new technology.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- If applicable must maintain a current license to practice as LPN (LVN) or RN in the state employed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Occasionally required to carry or lift items weighing up to 25 pounds for short distances. Required to obtain assistance of another qualified employee when attempting to lift objects over 25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand or walk.
- Frequently required to sit in a stationary position.
- Occasionally performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- This position has direct resident contact that provides services to adult and geriatric populations.
Via Christi Villages/ Ascension Senior Living is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- senior care: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- LPN/ LVN or RN in the State of Kansas