KEY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- General Secretarial/Clerical duties constitute approximately 50% of job responsibilities.
- Work requires the coordination and performance of multiple tasks while
understanding the project principles and technical skills related to own
- Work priorities and activities are reviewed with little supervision.
- Produces/completes various work assignments requiring strong analytical
ability, independent judgment, creativity and problem solving skills.
- Communication skills must be at a level to effectively interact with
Merck business leaders and internal/external customers both on-site and
remotely to maintain workflow.
- May coordinate special projects within the division/area.
- May coordinate team meetings, client meetings and special projects within the division/area.
- May schedule complex multi-leg and international travel Qualifications
- Five years of clerical experience;
- Proof of high school graduation or GED required.
- Knowledge of spelling, punctuation, arithmetic and business English; of standard office record keeping;
- Skill in typing accurately and editing for accuracy is extremely
important; in following instructions; in dealing effectively with
matters in accordance with agency policy;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in analyzing situations and making
decisions; to organize and present facts and opinions clearly and
concisely; to establish effective working relations with other employees
and the public; to exercise tact, courtesy and initiative;
- Considerable knowledge of the procedures and techniques of business
communications; of business English and of modern office management
principles, methods and procedures; of administrative survey techniques
and skill in their applications; some knowledge of statistical and
- Knowledge of technology and ability to use it to maximize efficiency and services;
- Conscientious commitment and willingness to provide courteous,
consistent, efficient service through the performance of the prescribed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.