Position description: (Position can be based either in Neptune, NJ, Houston, TX or Nashville,TN)
We currently seek an Actuarial Associate – Life and Retirement (L&R). This role is involved in many high priority projects for AIG L&R. This role will report to the Associate Actuary – Reinsurance.
• Calculation and review of non-system actuarial reports, including monthly reinsurance premiums for variable annuity business and Group blocks (Life, LTD and Medical Stop Loss)
• Streamline and automation of monthly processes
• Assist with TAI projects, including analysis and implementation planning
• Coordinate projects from beginning planning phases through implementation at the end while working with other teams to communicate progress to key stakeholders
• Document the systems/processes according to actuarial practice standards
• Assist with the compliance of internal and external audit standards, including Sarbanes-Oxley control standards
• May occasionally support the ROE Enhancement Initiative
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science or Related Field
• 2+ years of actuarial experience
• Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, SAS skills preferred
• Experience working on the Mainframe or with TAI is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required and the ability to work independently and within a team to meet tight deadlines are required
• Strong technical skills and ability to contribute and be flexible in a fast-paced team environment, is required.