Monday through Friday
Pay Rate: $10.00
The Order Puller pulls products from the warehouse and packages the items appropriately to be distributed to customers.
Essential Job Duties
- Reads work order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
- Sorts and places products or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for items and distributes items to production workers.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Loads product onto delivery trucks.
- Marks materials with identifying information.
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Uses computer to enter records.
- Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments.
- Prepares products for shipping by wrapping freight line shipments and packing small packages for processing.
- Places items on dry ice or polar packs if necessary.
- Assists in maintaining inventory records.
- Drives a vehicle to make local deliveries as needed.
- In keeping with our value of Customer Satisfaction, this position is expected to provide high-quality customer service to our internal and external customers, vendors, and others alike.
- Adheres to company Policy and Procedures.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor and about department issues.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize.
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform duties of position.
- Meets department productivity standards.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
- This job follows standard practices and procedures, and is expected to accomplish work assignments with a limited amount of supervision.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and understand English.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Tools, Equipment, and Machinery
- Must have ability to operate pallet jack, or similar machinery, tools, and equipment, as needed, in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Work is performed in a shipping environment and disruptions occur frequently.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour
- related experience: 1 year
- High school or equivalent